Skip to main content

When I Choose Truth, I Am Choosing Freedom.

 



There has been times in my life when I did not want to face the truth. 
It was scary.....
It was messy.......
It was fear based from my own insecurities......
It was reality I did not want to deal with, and it was freedom I had yet to embrace.

Someone once told me, if I did not stop and face my giants in life, they would continue to chase me.  My giants grew, overshadowed me and consumed every area in my life. 
I had no peace.....
I walked in false happiness.....
I believed if I ignored them long enough they would just simply disappear. I lived in a bubble of false pretenses. A bubble I created on my own. 

Over time I have learned truth is not the enemy. Truth may be scary.It may be a little messy when I am getting to the core root of an issue, however there is so much restoration waiting for me once I get there. I am living proof to walk and abide in my daddy God's word, truth is my freedom.

There was a time I had a hurtful issue within my family. It was a truth I did not want to deal with much less bring it to light. I saw myself steps away from shutting down and choosing to ignore it in the hopes it would just disappear as though it never happened. The more my thought process went in the direction of ignore and pretend, the more I became ill on the inside. For truth to have it's rightful place and give me the healing peace I need, I had to face this new giant in my life. 

Sometimes I find it amusing how the enemy will try his best to take me back to my old ways.
The days when I ran and hid from truth.He knows when I stand in faith and lean on the one who will never forsake me, in turn others will see the healing love of God and hope will prevail. 
I may still have my moments when I just can't deal per say, ignore it for a short period of time but the goodness of my daddy God gives me the grace to turn and face it head on even if I am kicking my way through it. 

As I reflected today and sought my daddy God for his wisdom once again he speaks to my heart. He gives me instruction and wisdom.

John 8:31-32
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."


Proverbs 12:19
The truthful lip shall be established forever but a lying tongue is but for a moment. 

Truth is meant to deliver us not hold us hostage in fear. It may hurt initially but the truth of God's words heals the heart. I choose to abide in His word. I choose for truthful lips to forever be established. I choose peace.

When I choose truth, I am choosing freedom.

 
Forever His Daughter,

Stacey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Touching The Hem Of His Garment

It's day 6 of my 21 day fast and I have discovered just how much I have relied on social media for my daily encouragement. It's so easy , one click of my mouse and it's there for me to see. A short cut of sorts, a quick fix in a world , my world, that is constantly moving and changing. But when I dig into my daddy Gods word, when I take the time to seek Him, the encouragement is more....So much more. Today I am encouraged by the woman who suffered with the issue of blood. For 12 years she suffered a life of misery and in her culture was considered  unclean. It was a chronic condition which means she probably had anemia as well as  physical weakness. She was hopelessly incurable by the many doctors she had sought out for medical care. She had become destitute for she spent all that she had. Everything and everyone who she would come in contact with would have become ceremonially unclean making her shunned by all in society including her family. Her husband probably

Sifting Before the Shifting

I have been hearing the Lord say " shift" for the last year.  Shift in the atmosphere, shift in our nation, shift in the church, and a shift in me.  When I think about the word shift, I see a grand swope of the hand of God moving all into a direction of peace and wholeness.I believe without a doubt He is doing so, however I never once entertained the though He'd have to do some sifting.... sifting in me. Sifting is a process, a two part process, when sifting wheat. First comes the threshing, the beating of the grain using a flail. Second part is the winnowing, throwing the mixture in the air allowing the wind to blow away the lighter chaffs and the heavier grains to fall back down for recovery.  I take a closer look at this process and begin to meditate on how it applies to my life. The threshing  is the process of removal; removing those things which will cause me to stumble.When God begins to remove, He does so with the intent of replacing; replacing with those

When My Puzzle Pieces Do Not Fit

    Putting a puzzle together can be fun, enjoyable and somewhat a relaxing time when the pieces all fit correctly the first time.  However when it is a puzzle with thousands of little pieces that require a great deal of time trying to figure out what piece goes where it can become frustrating, at least for me. Many times I have had to rely on the box top picture to navigate me through the placing of each piece and even that process can be irritating. Eventually the pieces do all fit exactly the way they were created to fit and the perfect picture is formed.It is a victory of sorts for me as patience is not my best quality.  But what about when our life's pieces are not fitting together? I had this certain picture I created in my mind, a picture how my own pieces were to fit together, my perfect box top per say. However the pieces I chose I could not force them to fit. No matter how I placed them, pushed them together, they still would not connect. My box top picture was